Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dream House: Dining Room

It has been far too long since I've posted something on this blog, almost a year, as a matter of fact. I've made some alterations to my dream house floor plan and I've been working slowly but surely on the dining room. I feel like my problem is that I have an idea in my head of how I want a room to look and I select certain pieces and then I see something I like even better in a new magazine and change the whole design around. Now I understand why it takes so long when someone remodels their own home. It's always different when designing someone else's space.

Here's the new floor plan of the house. I added an actual powder bathroom, as well as a bay window to the dining room. I'm much happier with it now.


The dining room I had a hard time with. I changed the dining table a few times and went through about 10 chairs before I finally chose the Saarinen chair. At first I was going to use a leather on the back of the chairs and a fabric on the seat, and then decided on using the blue snake-pattern leather on the backs of all the chairs with six different leather colors to go on each of the chair seats and back fronts. It would definitely be a colorful, moody dining room, which suits me. 







No comments:

Popular Posts