Monday, January 18, 2010

A weekend of disappointments...

I decided late last week that I wanted to make a trip over to Ikea this last weekend. I've been wanting a few chairs and a little table for my balcony forever and I finally have the money, but of course, Ikea's perfect little outdoor furniture pieces are only available at their stores (as are most of their furniture items, I've been noticing lately). I really didn't want to venture all the way over to Ikea (I went to the one in Carsen. Burbank is the only other one close to me, but my friend suggested Carsen) on my own, but all my attempts to find a partner for my adventure failed so, alas, Saturday came and I went by myself. I decided last minute to go over to Potterybarn on the promenade and purchase my curtains, which I posted about a while back, only to find they didn't have any at the store (I bought them online later that day instead). At this point, I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to call Ikea and check to see if they had the items I was driving all the way over there for, but needless to say, I didn't.

I found the drive there wasn't long at all, which makes me think I'll be venturing over there more often. And I have to say, the older I get, the better I get at experiencing new and unknown things on my own. I'm finding it's alot of fun venturing into the unknown, especially when the unknown provides arrows to guide you along your way lol! I of course, took pictures:

 
 

I loved walking through their lighting section, as you can see. The display above, I thought was really pretty.

So, as you may have guessed, they didn't have my outdoor furniture (and I found out the pieces might not be available in stores until March or April :( ), but I did find a little mini ironing board, which I've needed forever! And I got some really pretty little turquoise vases, which I have a photo of in my previous post.

Saturday night I took down the last of my Christmas lights :( and had the unenjoyable task of getting three of my strands of lights back from my neighbors - which I had let them borrow and will never be doing again - that had been rolled up with about five other strands belonging to my neighbors. I was having a pretty good night considering I felt as though I'd driven all over town all day with not much to show for it and I went to check Facebook around midnight. I'm usually not online, let alone on my computer, that late at night (and tonight is another one of those rare exceptions), but it was so lucky that I was. One of my neighbors, and so-called friend, thought I would like all my friends and family to see a rather slutty and humiliating photo that I was in on Halloween (and I do recall said photo being taken as I was dancing on a pool table, but had no desire to ever see it. I blame the alcohol.) and so he tagged me in it. The tag was removed immediately and I texted my neighbor asking him why he would think I'd want anyone to see the picture. His only response was, "remove the tag", to which my response was, "gee, ya think!" and what he said next still infuriates me: "i'd like it if i was you".

Now, having never seen the photo yourself, you must be thinking: well, it couldn't have been that bad, right? I suppose under the right circumstances it might not have been (say, for instance, if said photo would have been on one of my own friends pages and not that of some stranger I've never met, and who probably has plenty of undesirable male friends who would have not thought twice about following that tag straight to my page. I really do not wish to be stalked or harassed on facebook, thank you very much.), but his reasoning for tagging me is what really set me off. I told him he must not know me at all and I was extremely pissed and I haven't gotten a response from him regarding the matter since.

The rest of my weekend was marred by my emotional reaction to this incident and I was so exhausted last night I seriously considered calling in sick to work this morning. I just don't know what to do when it comes to this person at this point. In the short time I've known him I've fallen in love with him, been in awe of him, learned so much from him, been furious at him and brokenhearted over him and lately, what stands out the most to me are all the negatives. I've decided that, for now, the only thing I can do is cut myself off from him for a while and hope that in time I'll be able to think of him in a positive way again because I don't think I can handle losing someone I care so much for.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm sorry to hear about that incident. And I agree with your decision to cut off contact for some time. As for Facebook, you should check out all the privacy options on there -- I have things set so certain people can only see some things.

Amanda said...

Yes, unfortunately I have my facebook page as private as I can get it and I just found out there's no setting to approve tags before someone applies them; they're just automatically approved and you can remove them just as easily, but that photo is still on someone's profile. Pretty lame.

Popular Posts