Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!


Happy Earth Day everyone! I've never discussed this issue on my blog before, but I am a believer in green living, recycling, being ecologically conscience; and most of all a HUGE advocate of our planet's oceans. I suppose it comes from the fact I grew up by the ocean. About five years ago I was flipping through a magazine and saw an ad for Oceana. It had a picture of a dolphin and, me being the lover of dolphins that I am, immediately went to their website to check it out and signed up to be a member. Every since then I have signed petitions, donated money and passed the word along to anyone I can about saving our oceans. Check out what you can do to help on this Earth Day.

There is also the Official Earth Day Campaign website where you can check out what events are going on in your area to celebrate Earth Day. It looks as though many areas, especially LA have events going on all the way into May, so I may have to check some of those out.

I personally would love to go see this movie today, or perhaps this weekend to celebrate:

I love what Disney Nature has been doing to raise awareness for our planet. They're doing it in a way that captures younger audiences that may not have seen Planet Earth (which I highly recommend seeing if you haven't already). I saw Earth a few months ago and loved it!



Also, if you haven't heard, Avatar came out on DVD today to celebrate Earth Day and I was super excited to get up this morning and drive to Target to get my own copy!! I went and saw it twice in 3D when it was in the theaters and I can't wait to watch it again, which I think I'll be doing later today :) What's so great about this movie is that when you buy a copy you get a registration code to be a member of The Avatar Program, which gives you access to sneak peaks about the movie, and allows you to be a part of the Home Tree Initiative, which is a world wide effort to plant ONE MILLION TREES!!!! How awesome is that!! I get all worked up about it just talking about it, which is how I get about the ocean as well and I just want to tell everyone!! Learn more here.

Well, have a lovely Earth Day and if anyone knows any other events going on please let me know!

No comments:

Popular Posts