Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 12: I miss...

What do I miss?

I do miss marching band


I was just thinking recently how I miss real weekends, how they used to be when I was a teenager. I can tell you with certainty I do not miss being a teenager, but I do miss that time in my life when I had zero responsibilities. At least, not like the ones I have now, like paying bills. When I was a teenager, my biggest responsibility was homework, which I always got done with plenty of time to spare. Other than that, it was being on time. I was in marching band and that was our biggest thing, being on time. If you were late you ran laps. I didn't need any encouragement though. I already hated being late before there was real incentive.

Anyway, that's what I miss. Being carefree with zero responsibility. I think I'm destined to have a housekeeper, a personal chef, and a personal shopper (at least for my groceries).

This is not to say that I don't enjoy being an independent person with the responsibilities that go along with that. I'm very good at my life and doing things for myself. But I look forward to the day when I have someone to share a lot of those responsibilities with. (*heavy sigh*)

You know what I really miss? My husband, and I haven't even met him yet.

No comments:

Popular Posts