Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spontaneous actions are always the best kind

Monday night Jack Johnson performed a free concert at the Santa Monica Pier promoting his new album "To the Sea". I found out about this before my long weekend, but didn't know if I was going to go because my mom was working until 5:30p, which was cutting it pretty close for a 7p concert (it takes us about an hour to get there), and I didn't want to go by myself. I asked one of my friends, well my only friend actually, in Marina del Ray if she wanted to come and she did, but had to cancel on Sunday.

Monday came around and I made a last minute decision to ask my old neighbors, who live in Santa Monica, if they were going. One of them is my ex (well, the term 'ex' is used loosely here) so I was hesitant to ask them because I just wasn't sure if I wanted to see him again yet.

Well, it turns out I went, my mom came after all and two of my old neighbors (one being the 'ex') were there along with many of their friends. There ended up being a big group of us (which I hope to have pictures of later), but I was extremely glad my mom came with me because I would have to have spent too much time with just the ex, especially when I first got there and I just wasn't ready for that. I thought I did pretty well though. I hardly had to say a word to him and barely said hi when I first got there. I waited until later when I'd been drinking and everyone was having fun and I said a few things to him and I even gave him a hug when I left. I was pretty proud of myself (but I should be giving most of the credit to having my mom there).


Liz, Mark, Shannon

Who knows, perhaps in a few years we'll be friends again. It does really suck though, because they were some of the best friends I've had in a long time and I'd be driving over there to spend time with them all the time (considering I don't have a job and neither does the ex...that I know of) if all this crap hadn't happened between the two of us. I'm still too angry at him for the time being and I'm not ready to give myself up to any hope that the two of us will ever be friends again. It would hurt too much to be disappointed.

On an even happier note, I'm going to see these two guys at the Santa Barbara Bowl on September 5th:

Ray Lamontagne
 David Gray

I just bought my tickets and I'll be sitting really close to the stage too!!! I'm so excited I'd be jumping up and down right now if I weren't typing lol!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Popular Posts