Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Picture-a-Day

May 17
May 18 Muggy day
 May 19 Painted my nails with this Sally Hansen polish very cool pointed brush!
May 21 Pizza in Temecula
May 21
May 23 I just love this ceramic tea pot of my Aunt's
May 23 Myself, mom, and Aunt Sally

I'm soooo behind this week, but I just haven't been in a blogging mood lately. What is it about going on a vacation and then needing a vacation from your vacation?! I went to my Aunt Sally's this last weekend Friday through Sunday and it was so relaxing that I guess I still felt that way coming home lol.

Friday we went and had pizza at this really great place (pictures above) near where my Aunt lives in Temecula and then saw Robin Hood! So, so good! I highly recommend that movie! Russell Crowe rocks!

Then Saturday we went to the Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa in Corona, just a half hour drive from my Aunt's house. It was so busy there that we had to wait about 20-30 minutes just to pay to get in! Not to mention it wasn't a very warm day. All-in-all it was a very nice relaxing day though. We sat in the mineral and sulfur pools, had lunch, and, of course, did the whole mud pit thing (I do wish I had pictures of that lol), followed lastly by sitting in the steam sauna.

We went back to my Aunt's feeling like wet noodles and spent the rest of the evening eating In N Out and watching two movies: The Lovely Bones (amazing!) and Extraordinary Measures (pretty good; I'm glad it wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. It was actually more of a feel-good movie).

Sunday we lounged in the morning, had a steak lunch and then we drove home. I always wish we could stay longer whenever we visit my Aunt; although, this time my alllergies were so bad it was probably a good thing to leave.

Sunday night I almost forgot the series finale of Lost was on until my friend Sam, who is two hours ahead of me, reminded me. I had no idea it was going to be a 2- 1/2 hour finale, but I was not disappointed. I don't know if any of you are Lost fans, but I've been watching since the show started and I loved it! I just love that the writers don't assume their viewers are stupid and can't figure things out for themselves. Of course, there are fans who are that stupid (my generation is soooo lazy!) and say that TV is about getting answers, not more questions. Those kind of people who can't think for themselves are going to be the downfall of our society, I'm telling you. Actually, perhaps they already are the downfall of our society.

Anyway, I don't usually like to discuss topics that are quite so...controversial or opinionated on my blog. But, just so you're aware, I'm VERY opinionated lol. I do believe everyone has a right to their own opinion, but don't think I won't argue over a point if I think it's not quite justified. Debating can be good. It teaches us how to really put into words what we mean and think. (I think all this talk is coming from spending a weekend with my Aunt, who is highly opinionated and we spend a lot of time discussing culture, society, politics, etc.)

Well, that was my weekend; better late than never I suppose. Next I have to tell you about Monday because something really fun went down that day!

No comments:

Popular Posts