Saturday, November 20, 2010

Highly Sensitive




I had to take a break from my writing today to share this article with you from the new December issue of Marie Claire magazine. First off, you must read the magazine just for Emma Watson. She is absolutely fantastic and I'm completely jealous of her new short hair. If I could wear mine that short, I would.

But more importantly, at the end of the magazine there is an article about HSP a new group being classified as "Highly Sensitive People". At first, when I saw "HSP" I started laughing. People will give anything a name nowadays just so they can make a pill for it and make money giving people bandaids instead of real solutions to their problems. But then I started reading the article and I started crying (in case I needed more proof I am indeed one of these people) when I realized that I was reading about myself. I won't go on trying to explain what I'm talking about. Just go here and let the author of the article explain it for you.

And just to give you an idea of the degree to which I fit into this category, I took the quiz and answered an absolute True to all 23 questions.

P.S. And the excerpt from Portia de Rossi's new book, read that too. I'll be buying that book.

No comments:

Popular Posts