Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Inside Job


There have been so many things going on lately that I completely forgot to post about this film, Inside Job, that I saw two weekends ago during the Ventura Film Festival. It's a documentary film narrated by Matt Damon that won the Best Documentary Film award at this year's Academy Awards. It documents the history of the rise and fall of America's economy over the last century. Mainly it tells the story of the bubble in the 90's and how it led us to where we are now -- in trillions of dollars of debt with many Americans suffering from unemployment and property loss. It was a lot of information to take in, but I was so blown away, I knew that everyone in America needs to see this. The DVD can be purchased on Amazon and can also be found on Netflix.

This past weekend I went to visit my great-aunt in Temecula with my mom and we went to Glen Ivy Spa. It was so much warmer over there than I'm used to, that it was actually really relaxing. I'm now almost finished with my novel! I'm just doing a read through and making minor corrections, but it should be ready to be sent out to agents in a week or so! In fact, I'm keeping this short so I can get back to that. My birthday is tomorrow and I'll be having another busy weekend, so I won't have too much time to work on it. I hope you're all enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Popular Posts