Monday, March 5, 2012

Skin Care



About two years ago I got a facial at a day spa on Main St. in Ventura called Cara Mia. I enjoyed my experience there so much my mom bought  me a second facial for Christmas. The aesthetician who gave me my facials, Kezia, is also the owner, and she gave me a lot of insight into my skin and to skin in general.

I think one of the best things I learned from her is that the neck is part of your face, and most people neglect it, myself included. Another thing about my skin was I didn't realize how easily the skin on your face can become dehydrated (not dry; this is different. If your skin is dry it will have a tendency to get oily because it's trying to compensate. If this sounds like your skin, you need more moisturizer). Even with the amounts of water I drink, which I consider to be more than the average person, my skin was still dehydrated. So I've started drinking a glass of water in the morning when I wake up. It's a good way to start the day.

Cara Mia Spa

After I got my facial I went back about a week later to get a free makeover as a promotion for Valentine's Day. Isn't it so fun to have someone else do your makeup?! If you've never received a makeover I strongly suggest finding out where you can get one for free, just for the fun of it. I was once walking through Macy's makeup department and they stopped me to give me a makeover. (Although, department stores will pressure you to buy their product when they're finished, just so you're forewarned.)

My makeup looked amazing! It completely transformed my face. I'm bummed I didn't think to take before and after photos so I could show you. What I love most about their products is that they are all formulated by Cara Mia (at least the products with the Cara Mia label; they do carry other lines as well) with natural, organic ingredients. I bought some of the concealer and tinted moisturizer, which I recommend in general instead of foundation, especially if you're more comfortable with less makeup. I've been using the makeup for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Popular Posts