Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling



For any of you who have not heard already, JK Rowling has pulled a quick one on us. Back in April, a novel called The Cuckoo's Calling was published by Robert Galbraith, who was revealed over the weekend by The Telegraph to be a pseudonym for JK Rowling. People are calling the secret "the best act of literary deception since Stephen King was outed as Richard Bachman back in the 1980s." Given Rowling's fan base (I'm one of them), it's not surprising to me that she would want some anonimity.

As she puts it: “I had hoped to keep this secret a little longer because being Robert Galbraith has been such a liberating experience. It has been wonderful to publish without hype or expectation and pure pleasure to get feedback under a different name.” I don't blame her in the least bit, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset when I found out last night. It's been out since April and I haven't read it yet!

The story is about a British veteran, Cormoran Strike, who is barely scraping by as a P.I.Then his friend asks him to investigate the suspected suicide of his sister, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry, aka the Cuckoo to her friends. I think it sounds like an interesting take on the world of the super rich, as well as detectives. I can't wait to read it!

1 comment:

Josephine said...

I'm excited to read this too! Tricky JK Rowling!

Popular Posts