Monday, January 31, 2011

"Why couldn't it have been 'follow the butterflies?'"


I think I'm becoming obsessed with my own butterflies, which I'm sure is a good thing. If I'm obsessed, someone else is sure to be as well. I just did this one last night. I have tons of other things I need to be working on like finally starting a drawing of a horse for a friend, finishing another stipple drawing of Calvin & Hobbes that I started weeks ago, sketching ideas for a possible new project for a friend, editing both my novels and looking for a job, but working on something simple and colorful (and something that could make me money right now, or possibly, I should say) like these butterflies is far more appealing most of the time.

I've also been reading books like they're candy. I'd be doing it whether I had a millions things to do or not, but I justify the time spent reading as research for writing; something I will one day be able to call a career. I think it's a reasonable justification.

I've also been organizing all my business paper and receipts. Tax season is looming and I've never been much of a procrastinator.

I've been living off unemployment for a while now and it's about to run out. I'm not sure if I'm getting another extension, but I could use some prayers and positive thinking and whatever else you can put out there for me because timing is everything with this...situation I'm in. Either I get an extension or I get a job. I've just applied for one and waiting to get an interview. I even got my portfolio ready. And I don't feel guilty asking for more unemployment because I honestly feel I've accomplished more with that than I ever did getting paid three times more sitting in an office all day five days a week. That job did less for my health, my creativity and my ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations and people than anything else.

In other words, lets pray for the unemployment. I could use a little more time. I can do a lot in just a few months. Hell, I wrote a novel in one month. It needs more editing, but it's getting there. I'd love to see something of mine bound on a shelf in a bookstore. I'd say that's a good reason to keep milking unemployment for all it's worth, don't you?

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I'll be praying the absolutely perfect job comes along for you...maybe one in an art gallery? And butterflies are a very good thing -- they're a symbol of transformation. Maybe it's your time to do something amazing.

Amanda said...

Thanks Brandi :) You're so sweet.

Popular Posts