Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lately

Lately my life has consisted of cleansing and packing and organizing. First off, I told you a little while ago about my terrible neighbors and the anxiety they were causing me. I was at my wits end and I didn't know if there was a solution.

Then, in August, we found a new place, a much better place which just happened to be located down the street. We moved on the 14th and it is blissfully quiet. So far, the only night with any noise was last Friday and it was from the neighbors below us. I know there are always going to be people who make unnecessary amounts of noise, but I have to say, it's a world of difference when it's coming from below instead of above, like the world is crashing over your head and there's nothing you can do about it.

The move was intense because we went from a bottom floor to a third floor unit, but thankfully we don't have a lot of crap. My mom and I have been purging, and it feels so liberating to just get rid of stuff you've been dragging along with you for years.

I stupidly didn't take photos of the new apartment before we moved in, but I'm sure I can get some from another unit. Until then, here are some photos.

the old place. I hated those ceramic floors.
 
 new place. it's a work in progress.
 


my room. I didn't even bother taking pictures of my little shoebox of a room in the last place. I'm just glad I have a normal-sized room this time and that I get to use my curtains I've had forever.
 
More pictures to come once everything's been organized and put together. I'm actually enjoying unpacking everything. I just got a new little bookcase from Target that fits in my closet so I can have accress to books that have been stored in boxes for years. One day I'll have an actual library in my house.
 
 
 







No comments:

Popular Posts