Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween week

 
 
So last week was an eventful one at work. We had a pumpkin contest going on, which involved most of the office in designing a pumpkin using one of our coworkers as a muse. We drew names at the beginning of October, and I happened to draw Ward, who was the creator of the contest, and a serious Disney enthusiast. He and I are pictured above for my 2nd place win with the Mickey Vinylmation pumpkin I designed for him (much easier to think up than actually make, I have to say).
 
So everyone brought in their pumpkins on Wednesday, we had voting on Halloween with the 1st-3rd place winners announced during our potluck. Then we had a costume contest, which I won. (First time in my life I've ever won a costume contest. I think I'm starting to like contests.) Other costumes included a scarecrow, a panda, a cat, two pirates, a karate instructor, Clark Kent, a fisherman, and a Raider. And here were the 1st and 3rd place winners for the pumpkin contest:
 
3rd place 

1st place
 
 
P.S. As a side note, I was hoping to have the next part of my short story at the end of last month, but Halloween threw me off, so look for it in the next few days!

No comments:

Popular Posts