Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall is coming!


So Fall is quickly approaching even though we're having some weird heat wave over here by the beach. It always feels pretty official to me once football season starts though. This last weekend I can't tell you how exciting it was to hear whistles coming from the tv and all the other noises that come with football games: the crowd cheering, helmets clashing...male testosterone...*sigh*...It's great. I love it :) I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it's definetely nostalgic for me. It brings to mind all the things that come with fall: watching football with the family on Thanksgiving, turkey, the cooler weather, Halloween, reading a book by the fireplace; it's like smelling cinnamon at christmas time. Don't get me wrong, I love the summer time (especially my tan that comes with it!), but I do start to miss winter after a long hot summer. 
And if football isn't enough of a sign of the coming season, Halloween decorations are already being sold everywhere. I just got the new Pottery Barn catalog in the mail. I always love all of their holiday decorations:

This skull collection is particularly awesome. I wouldn't mind having one of those shakers hehe! I'm extremely into Halloween so I'm sure I'll have some appropriately themed posts coming for you next month! Until then I'll be darkening my tan with the rest of the summer sun this month!

No comments:

Popular Posts