Sunday, October 18, 2009

Food Filled Sunday

When I woke up this morning I decided I was taking a trip to my mom's house, which is in Oxnard (and where I grew up). It's only about an hour drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and even on a cloudy day like today was it's a lovely drive. We went to lunch at our favorite place over on Hollywood Beach, which is right across from the Channel Islands Harbor, called Mrs. Olsen's. We've been going there for as long as I can remember and their food is like a home cooked meal only better. My mom and I were both in the mood for breakfast burritos. I didn't think until later to take photos of the food and the restaurant...I'm still getting used to the idea of sharing my life with photos on a blog, but I have a feeling I'll be picking up on it real quick. So I'll have to take photos the next time I'm there, which I hope is soon.

As my mom and I always do after a meal at Mrs. Olsen's, we walked off the food lol! Which was good because just a few hours ago we had fish for dinner and, even if I would have been starving before I began eating, I still would have been stuffed. I'm still full! Quite the day of stuffing my face. And then there was Emma, my mom's cat, to amuse us while Sunday night football was on and our dinner was cooking....


Finally got her to sit still for a few seconds after playing...

And then she played some more.

Haha! Serious kitty acrobatics! (I was taking these pictures with my phone so I know it's difficult to tell, but she's got her hind legs spread in the air like she's doing the splits lol).

No comments:

Popular Posts