Friday, September 2, 2011

A very fond farewell



I've recently learned that the Hallmark store closest to where I live in Oxnard will be closing after over 20 years; in other words, this store has been there since I've lived in Oxnard, which is practically my whole life. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a blow. This particular Hallmark store is also special to me because my first job ever was working there. It'll be utterly bizarre when it's closed on Labor Day. The owners told me that Hallmark is closing it's independent stores across the country and partnering with Wallmart and Walgreens to sell their cards. You can also find Gold Crown items on the Hallmark website.

Everything is changing so drastically so fast, I'm not sure how to feel about any of it. Change is always going to happen whether you like it or not; it really comes down to how you deal with it. I suppose I'm taking this particular change hard because I feel like mine and my family's lives are so up in the air at the moment. I'm sure in the next few years we'll all look back and know everything that's happening now, happened for the best, but it's always difficult to see the final picture when change is right in your face.

Regardless of this sad news, I wish you all a very fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Popular Posts