Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Handwriting

Pinned Image


Have you ever noticed that your handwriting changes over time? Or, perhaps, that it doesn't? That it stays constant over the years?

Mine changes. Daily. Hourly. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my constantly altering moods, but I have an inkling that it does. I suppose it could be all the years of writing by hand: school, poetry, journals, novels, lists, notes to myself. I still have a tough time putting fresh ideas straight onto digital paper; there's something so much more permanant than writing by hand that makes me think everything I type must already be finished, perfect. I won't get into my obsession with--and, recently, my need to let go of--perfection, but it is a related subject.

I've also read that a person's handwriting is a reflection of their personality, who you are as a person. Interesting, no? I've always wondered what my constantly changing cursive really says about me. What do you think yours says about you?

(Image via Pinterest)

2 comments:

Bree Klipfel said...

mine says i'm amazing and a bit schizophrenic.:)

Amanda said...

Mine must mean I have multiple personality disorder.

Popular Posts