Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog every day in May: Day 1


I heard about the blog every day in May challenge today from my good friend Bree, so I give myself props for getting this post up within a few hours after hearing about it. Perhaps it might encourage a few of you to follow along with me.

So here it goes. Day 1: The story of my life (in 250 words or less).

I curse the day my father took me out of ballet


I was born in Provo, Utah (yes, I was raised Mormon), but have lived in California since I was two. My parents divorced when I was five. My younger brother and I were raised alternating between Oxnard's beaches and Camarillo until high school. I have very little memories of my childhood. I've always been creative and independent. My grandpa used to call me the "little old lady" because I could entertain myself before I could walk.

I had an angry, rebellious phase living with my father and his wife and five kids until I moved in permanently with my mom. It's still one of the best things I've ever done for myself. My mom is one of my best friends.

I played flute in marching band all through high school, and all of my good memories of high school come from the family I had in band. It's also where I met my first and only boyfriend. Over a decade later and I'm still looking for the man who can treat me better than he did.

I went to two art colleges to get my Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, which I decided I wanted to do my junior year of high school. I've always been writing on the side, mostly novels, and I'd like to make money off of it someday.

My life isn't exactly what I want it to be yet, but I know I'll get there. Whenever I've asked for something in life, I've always gotten it.

(250 words exactly!)

1 comment:

Bree Klipfel said...

Life is what you make it! Do what you love!! I love that you did this before me!

Popular Posts