Monday, September 30, 2013

Something Old

Today's the last day Blogtember and the prompt is: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.



With all the unpacking I've been doing lately, it's no surprise that I've been unearthing things that I didn't even remember I owned. It's been fun, but also stressful, trying to organize everything. Do I throw things out? How do I store certain things like my Barbie dolls? I am proud to say that I have thrown out a good amount of stuff  I've been holding onto for years (why do I do that?).

My mom gave me this tea set (a very good example of something I'll never throw out) when I was little, maybe around the age of 4 or 5; neither of us can remember. What's amazing about the tea set is, even given the dilapidated state of the box, it's in perfect condition. I love taking out the little cups and saucers just to marvel at how tiny they are (the saucers are only about 3" in diameter).

Thanks Jenni, for such a fun month of posts!


2 comments:

Kari @ Oh, For The Love Of Stories said...

Such a pretty tea set. I've actually been looking for a tiny set as a decoration for my apartment so it's cool that you have one from childhood. And I adore florals!

Krystal Celeste said...

So cute! I have a tea set that looks very similar to this but smaller. I remember getting it for my Barbie's when I was a kid. I actually still have it. The pieces are just so cute I had to set them out. So they are on a shelf in my bedroom! It's fun to keep stuff like that. :)

Popular Posts