Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New York Bike Rack

I've told my friends before that there should be more bike racks in Santa Monica. There just never seem to be enough and some are rather difficult to fit larger bikes like mine, which is a beach cruiser. I always see bike locked to trees and light posts, especially on weekends. Apparently, in New York City, where I'm sure they had this same problem, they had a competition for a new bike rack design and this was the winner:
It's called the "Hoop" rack designed by Copenhagen designers. There was an article in the New York Times about it back in 2008 when they announced the winner. I think it's really cool. I think streamlined would be a good word for it. Santa Monica could really use a little uplift with something like this.

No comments:

Popular Posts