Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cool Beach Mailboxes

Mailboxes. Not exactly something most people put much thought into, but after taking frequent walks around my neighborhood over here on the beach I found that some people do put alot of thought into their mailboxes. So I thought I'd take some photos of the most creative ones I saw (and yes, I am aware I have way too much time on my hands these days):














Those last two are my favorites. As you can see, the painting of the typical white mailboxes is more common than anything else; although, there were quite a few of the mailboxes that looked like houses, with roofs and chimneys (photo 5th from the bottom). I just took the one photo to get the idea; plus, that was the only set of three I ever saw (there were a lot of pairs of house mailboxes down one street).

Anyway, I'm not sure I'll be putting much thought into my own mailbox when I finally have one (and oh, what a glorius day that will be! I can't tell you how much I despise communal apartment mailboxes.), but it's a fun idea, nonetheless!

No comments:

Popular Posts