Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wreck this Journal


Back in February, Ward, one of my bosses (I have three. I'll have to explain that some other time.) brought in these journals for the four of us designers as a fun competition. Originally he gave us until June 1st to have them done, but life happens and June 1st turned into the end of June, which turned into having them all in the office by August 9th, and finally giving out prizes today.

No one else finished their journals like I did (yes, I did every single page, including doing somthing spontaneously destructive), so I won first prize, but everyone got a prize. That's just the way Ward rolls.


Our journals have been hanging out at work for the last two weeks
 

The moment Ward handed me the journal I was so excited to get started (and also a little aprehensive; I love books. How could I wreck a book?!). Every page has instructions as to how your suppose to wreck it, things like "climb up high, drop the journal", "make a mess. clean it up", "write carelessly", "take the journal in the shower". I had a lot of fun with it, and it opened up other creative projects for me, especially my writing. I will say that my journal isn't as much "wrecked" as it is... "covered in art". At least, that's how I would describe it, and I'm sticking with that. Here are some of my own favorite pages:









No comments:

Popular Posts